Pages

Monday, December 03, 2007

Run Run as Fast as You Can

If you are a 1L (or a law student for that matter) and you are sitting inside your law library or law school reading this post while you procrastinate on studying for your exams GET OUT OF THE LAW SCHOOL NOW!

I posted my musings on coffee shop studying over at Useless Dicta earlier today. I am now back from said coffee shop and am happy to report that I managed to knock out 1/2 of my evidence outline in 4.5 hours of coffee shop studying today. (and I'm the biggest procrastinator in the world so it's kind of a huge deal that I sat down for 4.5 hours straight and got some serious work done).

I don't know why it took me so long to figure out that studying in the law school actually impedes my progress due to all of the stress in the air, but it does. Actually, I kind of figured out that the stress inside the law building was not conducive to my studying during the first week of first semester exams last year, but instead of finding a good study spot off campus to study I made the bigger mistake of trying to study at home. There are WAY too many distractions at home to try and get any kind of substantial work done during exam periods.

Anyways, the point of this rambling is that if you are finding yourself unable to get anything done or even convience yourself to get started on studying for exams then a change of scenery just might do the trick.

I wish I would have known just how crazy law students can be when exam season comes a knocking.........and I wish I would have known about the cheap refill policy on coffee at the coffee house up the street..........

4 comments:

nicolle said...

hooray! :)

i'm a fellow coffeehouse studyer. they're not full of stressed-out law students, and yet there's no comfy, fluffy bed like there is at home. they're perfect.

the one thing that helps me is having that one coffeehouse in town that is my Okay, This Means Business place. i rotate studying in different places so i don't get sick of any one, but if it's getting to the final deadline, i like having one coffeehouse where i NEVER go to socialize--but ONLY to satisfy final deadlines. that way, i go into that place, and my brain associates it with working and getting that last paper/assignment/hundred pages of reading DONE before i leave.

Qasim Khan said...

Thank you for posting very useful tips! I found your website perfect for my needs.I always like your article because you have provide every time informative post..Thanks! Sons of Anarchy Biker Leather Vest

shopify said...

custom shopify app development toronto We take pride in delivering highly detailed and customized shopify store website development. We have a highly trained team of experts to help you identify the gaps of your online marketing campaigns.

Johan brandon said...

Thank you for sharing such helpful advice! I found your website to be ideal for my requirements. I usually enjoy your articles since you constantly give useful information.berry look coupons