Pages

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Bookstore Ripoff

If you haven't already figured out that most university bookstores charge outrageous prices for law books then hopefully this blog post will save you a few bucks in the future.

The internet is your best friend when it comes to buying books for law school. I have found Barnes and Noble to be the best deal, invest in a $25.00 yearly membership and you will save hundreds over the course of the year just buying your law books alone (plus you also get discounts on fun books for reading on that well deserved summer vacation). Example: 2 casebooks for the upcoming Spring semester were going to cost me $260.00 at the university bookstore, the same 2 casebooks (brand new) cost me $175 on Barnes and Noble (after my membership discount). That left me with enough cash to buy commerical outlines to go with those 2 classes and still come out at only $211 total. Pretty good deal in my opinion!

Amazon and Half.com are other good places to check for law school books. Sometimes you do get unlucky and end up having to go to the bookstore, but for the most part I have been pretty lucky in ordering all of mine online and saving about $80-100 each semester.

Good luck to everyone starting their 2nd semesters and enjoy what's left of the WAY too short break!!!

No comments: